January 08, 2009

December 2008

December 2- We set up our Christmas tree. It was hard to keep Denton away from the ornaments, but we thought it would be better if we had him practice not touching the tree with our tree rather than have him break grandparents ornaments. We let him put on the angel.














December 13- The first real big snow storm. We went out and got Denton snow boots and snow pants to play out in the snow while Russell shoveled the snow.

Staring off into space and
then Denton helping Daddy with the snow
I turned around and he was
holding that don't know how
he managed it







Freezing in the snow





His first snow angel

Here was our Christmas break in a nut shell.

We went down to Sandy on the 15th of December, because we wanted to have babysitters for the kids so we could get the rest of our shopping done, which we did.
Here is Denton helping Papa water the tree.
Sunday December 21- Russell's sister came from California for Christmas and we all went to the same church that day. We took up one of the middle benches. It was just barely enough room.

After church Grandpa got to hold Amy.
He also fell asleep holding her. She is suppose to be awake.


Here is me holding Denton while he is taking a nap.
He wasn't feeling good.

Later that night we noticed he had a fever. Soon his fever got up to 103.4. It freaked me out so Russell and I ran him up to the Emergency Room . My parents watched Amy.

Here he is with an I.V.
It was so sad. We had to help hold him while they put in the i.v. and then we had to wait an hour with the i.v. for over an hour while they ran blood tests.

After our waiting was over the Dr came back to tell us that it is just a virus and there is nothing to give him but Motrin and Tylenol till it goes away. He ended up feeling better but just had a bad cough in the fevers place.

He must have felt better because he than walked around in Grandma's boots.

Christmas Eve we went to Russell's family party, ate good food and had yummy dessert from a chocolate fountain. We then went to my parents house to spend the night and opened our Christmas pj's and read a Christmas book.

Christmas Morning
we waited in our room while we waited for my mom to come and get us. It is a tradition, on Christmas morning we had to wait for our parents to come and wake us up, to go out and see what Santa had left us. They would have the tree lights on and Christmas music playing. But this time we texted my mom at 8:15 am telling her Denton was awake and that we were ready. At 8:30 am my sister texted me saying they were ready to wake up too. I still hadn't heard from my mom. Russell was getting impatient at 8:45am so I went out looking for my mom. She was dead asleep in her bed. I woke her and then went and turned on the tree lights. We finally were out of our room and waiting to open by 9 am. After Amy finished the bottle she slept through opening presents. Denton helped open her gifts.

Usually Santa gifts are last but Denton ran to his first. It was a Mickey Mouse that is about 3 ft tall. We got it the day after Thanksgiving for $10. Russell waited for 20 minutes with his hand on it, for 5am to come along.
New Years
My mom threw a Mystery Dinner Party. It was a first for all of us. As we were getting ready Denton ran into my sister and she had a can of colored hair spray. He went to bed a little after 8pm.

My Parents dressed up as Hal Sapone and Zetta Zarbo






My brother and his wife were

Handsome Sam and Kara Low



Russell was Tommy "FourGuns"Beagle


I was Haddie Drinx




My sister and her boyfriend

were Mona Crawfish and

Beanie O'Dannon



The Gang

Cocktail Hour My Brother ended up having flings with all of the girls and the one being murdered. My mom killed him, he was blackmailing her.
Saturday January 3- We had spent the day hanging out with my family and going to Nickel Cade. It was quite entertaining. Then later that night we went over to Russell's parents to say goodbye to his sister. His mom thought she heard Amy's lung rattle and she had a fever, so that scared me and Russell to death. She told us that we should take her up to Primary Childrens because if we took her to any other Emergency Room they would just send us up there anyway.

We get there and they weight her (she is 12 lbs) and take her temperature (it was over 100.4, I couldn't really tell because it was in Celsius). They give her some Tylenol and send us to a room to wait for a Dr. The nurse walks in first and says since she is so young and hasn't had her immunizations yet that the Dr is going to want blood, urine, and mucus tests done. First they do the urine, piece of cake. Then it was mucus' turn, they sucked out some burgers. Last was the I.V. They turned off the lights and took a small flashlight and finally found a vein in her left hand. She cried and cried, but for some reason it was easier to watch then Dentons I.V. Maybe, because I didn't have to hold her down. After the I.V. was in place and I got to hold her again she crashed.

She got to sleep for about a half hour then they came in and said that they wanted x-rays of her lungs. We they waited for the results and all came back negative, even the RSV. Thank goodness. Now they are just debating between doing a lumbar puncture and keeping her overnight for observation, or just keeping her overnight for observation. They asked me and I said I didn't want the lumbar. Hello who would ever choose that to be done on their child. The Dr came back after talking to the head Dr and said that they are actually going to send us home and make sure she sees her Dr Monday morning for follow up, I was relieved. She got rid of her fever the next day and then on Monday we went into the Dr and her culters came back saying that she had Para Influenza 3, which is a type of the flu that makes you all congested and have a cough, and I am sure make your body ache. She also got her shots that day, and so her fever came back. Denton's fever also has come back and then goes away and comes back again. Not sure what that is all about.

And that was our Christmas.






6 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

WOw. You have been into see the doctor and the ER a lot. That is a bummer. I hope your kids get better.

Katie said...

That is quite the adventure! Its so sad to see sick babies!

Shantel said...

What a crazy Christmas Break, I hope everything is going better!!

korth fam said...

It was fun to see you, those poor babies, I hope all is going better now. We hope Denton is getting excited for his B-day, and we are getting excited to see you all again, if there is still snow we should all go sledding!!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for letting us be apart of your holiday adventure. I enjoyed christmas with everyone. It was sad that the kids got sick. cathy

Unknown said...

I remember on Christmas Eve both the kids weren't feeling well but I didn't know that it got that crazy for you guys. I hope they are feeling all better now.